Makes 24 muffins
4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ cup milk
2 cups mixed berries: blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries, fresh or frozen
granulated sugar for dusting
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Thoroughly spray two 12-cup muffin tins.
2. Place flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir; reserve.
3. Place the melted butter and brown sugar in the Cuisinart™ mixing bowl. Insert the flat mixing paddle. Turn to speed 2 and mix for 30 seconds until incorporated.
4. Reduce to speed 1 and add the sour cream, then increase to speed 3 for 30 seconds. Stop, scrape paddle and bowl well and add the eggs, vanilla, and milk. Turn to speed 3 and mix for 30 to 40 seconds until well incorporated. Stop and scrape the paddle and bowl well. Sprinkle the flour mixture evenly over the wet ingredients. Press the Fold button to carefully incorporate the flour, about 15 times. Add the berries and very carefully fold them in until they are just blended in.
5. Scoop even amounts (¼ cup each) of batter into the prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins liberally with granulated sugar. Bake in preheated 400°F oven until tops are golden and a cake tester comes out clean, approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Remove muffins from tins and allow to cool on a wire rack.