Perfectly steamed soft “boiled” eggs are the ideal topping for avocado toast. The unique flavor and creamy texture of avocado blends deliciously with the eggs.
4 large eggs
4 slices hearty bread
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 avocado, pitted
¼ to ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Pinch chili flakes (preferably Korean style, if available)
Nutritional information per serving
Calories 298 (54% from fat) / Carb. 24g / Pro. 11g / Fat 18g / Sat. Fat 4g / Chol. 186mg / Sod. 386mg / Calc. 52mg / Fiber 4g
1. Prepare an ice-water bath by putting ice cubes and cold water into a mixing bowl; reserve.
2. Put the eggs onto the tray inside the steamer. Secure lid.
3. Select Manual, set timer for 8 minutes and press Start.
4. While eggs are cooking, prepare the toast. Brush one side of the bread with the olive oil. Toast to desired doneness in either a toaster oven or wall oven. Mash the avocado in a small bowl with the salt. Divide the avocado mixture among the four pieces of toast; reserve.
5. Once timer expires, immediately transfer eggs to the ice-water bath to stop the cooking process. Allow to sit for 1 minute and then remove from the water and remove the shell.
6. Quarter each egg on top of each avocado toast. Sprinkle with the chili pepper flakes. Serve immediately.