2 large eggs
¾ cup reduced-fat milk
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup plus
2 tablespoons unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
½ teaspoon table salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled (plus 1 tablespoon more for griddle)
Per serving (2 pancakes):
Calories 150 (35% from fat)
3g Saturated fat
- Put the eggs, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl and whisk to blend until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- Add the egg/milk mixture and stir until just blended.
- Stir in the melted, cooled butter. Do not over-mix, or pancakes will be thin and tough. Batter should be a bit lumpy.
- Butter griddle with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Using a ¼ -cup measure, drop batter onto preheated griddle.
- Cook pancakes until bubbles form, about 2 to 3 minutes; flip and cook until done, about 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer to warm plates to serve.