• 4-ounce block cream cheese, softened
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• zest of 1 lemon
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• 2 sheets thawed puff pastry
• 40 raspberries
• a little all-purpose flour, for rolling
• Powdered sugar, for garnish
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with parchment or silpat. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice until well incorporated. Set aside.
3. Lightly dust a clean surface and rolling pin with flour. Unfold the puff pastry and gently flatten the seams with a rolling pin. With a pizza roller, cut the puff pastry into 4 equal squares.
4. With a small paring knife, make total of 8 cuts along the edges/corners of the pastry, leaving an 1/2-inch border. The cuts should be about 1/3 of the way through the length of the edge. Make sure the cuts do not touch in the middle.
5. Spread a tablespoon of the cream cheese filling in the middle of the square within the borders, place 4 raspberries on the cream cheese around the corners. Then, fold each of the outer pastry corner toward the center and gently press the dough into the cream cheese mixture. Top one more raspberry in the center.
6. Repeat with the remaining pastry squares. Place filled pastries on prepared baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and puffed. Cool on wiring rack and dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!