• 2 large portabella mushroom caps; stemmed, gently washed and patted dry
• 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• ⅛ teaspoon salt
• ⅛ teaspoon cracked black pepper
• 4 slices deli ham
• 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese, each sliced ¼-inch thick (from block of cheddar)
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
• 2 large eggs
• 1-2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives, as garnish
No nutrition information available
1. Heat Cuisinart GREENGOURMET® 11” Grill Pan over medium heat. Brush stem-side of each mushroom cap with half of the olive oil. Place mushroom caps, stem side-down, in hot pan. Brush tops of mushrooms caps with remaining olive oil. Grill 3-4 minutes; turn with spatula. Sprinkle stem-side of mushroom caps with salt & pepper. Fold ham slices in half; place 2 ham slices over each mushroom cap. Arrange 3 cheese slices over ham slices. Cover pan with lid so cheese will melt, about 3-5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in Cuisinart 10” Nonstick Skillet over medium heat. Carefully crack eggs into skillet, making sure not to break yolks. Cover skillet with tight-fitting lid; cook eggs 2-3 minutes or until egg white is completely set but egg yolk is still runny.
3. Use spatula to transfer filled mushroom cap to each of 2 plates. Carefully slide one egg (using care not to break yolk) over top of melted cheese. Garnish with chives.