1½ cups flour
1 cup strong brewed coffee using 2 tablespoons instant coffee
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
⅓ cup sugar
2 tablespoon melted butter
¼ cup crushed chocolate covered espresso beans
Irish cream whipped cream (topping):
1 pint heavy cream
¼ cup irish cream (bailey’s irish cream)
Crushed espresso beans for top of whipped cream (optional)
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Put the Chocolate covered espresso beans in food processor. Process until finely chopped. If no food processor, use the back of a pan to finely crush the espresso beans.
3. In one mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
4. In another bowl add eggs, sugar, melted butter, and the coffee. Mix well.
5. Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture. Make sure the mixture is well combined. Add the crushed chocolate covered espresso beans. Reserve some for topping if using.
6. Pour about 1-1½ cups of batter into the waffle iron and close the waffle iron. Cook until the waffle is golden brown on both sides and can be easily taken out about 3-4 minutes. Repeat with rest of batter. Serve topped with the Irish whipped cream and some crushed espresso beans.
Irish whipped cream:
1. Pour heavy cream in a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix the cream until soft peaks form.
2. Add the Irish cream to the whipped cream. Continue mixing until the whipped cream becomes medium peaks and the Irish cream is incorporated.
3. Top the waffles with the Irish whipped cream.