You can't beat the taste of homemade waffles. Freeze the extras to use when time is scarce.
Makes eight 6-1/2-inch round waffles
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups reduced fat milk
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
Nutritional information per waffle: Calories 262 (44% from fat) • carb. 30g • pro. 7g • fat 13g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 57mg • sod. 372mg • calc. 177mg • fiber 1g
- Place ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine until well blended and smooth. Let batter sit 5 minutes before using.
- Preheat your Cuisinart® Classic Waffle Maker on setting #3* (green indicator light will be illuminated when preheated).
- Pour ½ cup batter onto the center of the lower grid; spread evenly using a heat-proof spatula.
- Close cover of waffle maker. Indicator light will turn red. When light turns green again, waffle is ready. Open cover and carefully remove baked waffle.
- Repeat with remaining batter. For best results, serve immediately. However, you may keep waffles warm in a 200°F oven until ready to serve.
For Mini-Chip Waffles: Add ½ cup mini chocolate morsels to the batter before baking. *We recommend using setting #3 to achieve a golden brown baked waffle. Adjust the browning control if you prefer lighter or darker waffles.