• 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices
• 8 eggs
• 2 cups milk
• 1½ cups half-and-half cream
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 ½ cups pecans
• 1⅓ cups brown sugar
• ¾ cup butter
• 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
No nutrition information available
1. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
2. The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; heat until bubbling. Remove from heat and add pecans. Pour over bread and egg mixture.
3. Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes