I serve these delicious rolls every time we have a over night guest and always get asked to make more next time they visit!
2 Envelopes Active Dry Yeast
¼ c. warm water (100-110 degrees)
1½ C. warm buttermilk
½ c. vegetable oil
3 TBSP granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
4 ¾ c. flour
½ c. butter softened
¾ c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
raisins and nuts are optional
1½ c. powdered sugar and 2 tablespoon milk for frosting
No nutrition information available
1. combine yeast and warm water in a 1 c liquid measuring cup; let stand for 5 min. Combine buttermilk and next 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add yeast mixture; mix well. Add 2 cups flour, beating at med speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Gradually stir in enough flour that remains to make a soft dough
2. Turn dough on a lightly floured surface and knead lightly for 5 min, cover and let rest 5 min.
3. Roll dough into an 18 x 9 inch rectangle; spread butter over dough. sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over butter. Roll up dough starting at long side pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets and pinch seam to seal
4. Cut roll into 12 slices. Place slices in a greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk (about 30 min)
5. Preheat oven to 350.
6. Bake for 20 min, cool 10 min and drizzle icing over rolls