1. If using fresh sausage, remove casings. If
using precooked sausage, cut into ¼-inch
2. Put the oil into the cooking pot of the
Cuisinart® Multicooker. Select Sauté/Brown.
Set the temperature to High, set the time for
10 minutes, and press Start.
3. Once the unit is preheated and the oil is
hot, add the sausage. Cook until browned,
breaking up fresh sausage, if using. Remove
and reserve cooked sausage.
4. Add the shallot and garlic and cook until
softened, about 30 seconds. Press Stop.
5. Put the eggs, milk, cream, salt, paprika,
and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to
6. Add the bread pieces to the large bowl and
stir to completely coat – press down the
bread so each piece is fully submerged. Stir
in the browned sausage, shallot, garlic, and
shredded cheese. Cover the bowl with plastic
wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 3
hours, or up to overnight.
7. Thirty minutes prior to cooking bread
pudding, remove from the refrigerator and
allow to rest at room temperature.
8. Lightly coat a 2-quart ceramic baking dish,
no larger than 7 inches in diameter, with
nonstick cooking spray. Transfer the soaked
bread mixture to the baking dish. Cover with
aluminum foil that has also been coated with
nonstick cooking spray.
9. Put the rack into the cooking pot of the
Cuisinart® Multicooker with 2 cups of water.
Cut a piece of aluminum foil that is about 24
inches long. Fold in half lengthwise, then fold
in half again two more times to create a strip
about 24 inches in length and 2 inches wide
to make a cradle.
10. Put the filled baking dish in the center of the
foil strip and then carefully lift and transfer to
the rack in the cooking pot.
11. Secure the lid and select Custom. Set the
pressure to Low, the time for 45 minutes, and
12. When the tone sounds, press the Steam
Release button to quickly release pressure.
13. Once pressure is completely released,
open lid and, using potholders, lift the foil
cradle and casserole out of the cooking pot.