These mini apple rose cinnamon rolls make for the perfect treat as they only take about 10 minutes to make, they are vegan and have the option to be made gluten free, they are delicious, and they are beautiful to look at! And as the saying goes, we do eat with our eyes ;) Pair with some protein for the perfect balanced breakfast!
- ½ cup pumpkin purée (or baked sweet potato)
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour (gf option: ¾ cup gf oat flour +1-2 tablespoon coconut flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Apple, cut into apple slices
- bowl of water
No nutrition information available
1) In a medium sized bowl combine ingredients to make the cinnamon rolls. Use your hands to fully combine all the ingredients and form a dough.
2) Roll out dough into a small rectangle as thin as you can get it. set aside to prepare your apple filling. 3) 3) Cut the apple into thin slices. Place in a bowl of water (make sure the apple slices are covered with water) then microwave 3-4 min until Apple is soft and pliable. Let cool.
4) Cut off a thin strip of dough then line up a few Apple slices on the strip. Lay the apple slices partly on top of one another so they are inter lapping.
5) Starting from one edge of the strip, roll up the dough like a cinnamon roll. Place on a large plate. Repeat process with the rest of the dough.
6) Once finished microwave cinnamon rolls for 2-3 minutes until fully cooked. Then enjoy!