Homemade treats for any time of day!!
- 2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 Cup apple cider
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 1/2 Cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 3 Tbsp apple cider
No nutrition information available
- In a large bowl sift the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs and cider. Stir in the melted butter. Mix well and pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a 1/2 inch high round.
- Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil in a deep pot over medium heat.
- Use a doughnut cutter to form rings (or use a glass and poke holes in the rings).
- Once the oil begins to bubble, use a spatula (adults only) to carefully lower doughnuts into the hot oil. Cook several at once with space between them. Once doughnuts rise to surface and begin to brown, flip with spatula. Remove from oil after 2-3 minutes, or when doughnuts are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Glaze: stir together confectioners sugar and the cider and spoon over doughnuts.