Milk gives the oatmeal a creamy consistency. Water, however, can easily be substituted, should you prefer.
- 1½ cups steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups milk (may use whole or reduced fat), divided
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch ground nutmeg
- ½ cup raisins or other dried fruit (for larger dried fruit varieties, chop into bite-size pieces)
Calories 277 (21% from fat) • carb. 46g • pro. 9g • fat 7g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 18mg • sod. 258mg • calc. 160mg • fiber 5g
- Put the oats, water, 1½ cups of milk, maple syrup, cinnamon stick, salt, nutmeg and dried fruit into the cooking pot of the Multicooker.
- Cover and set to Slow Cook on Low for 2½ hours.
- Once unit switches to Keep Warm, stir the remaining milk into oatmeal. Remove cinnamon stick and serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!