Methi Palak DalUser Submitted Recipe
Methi Palak Dal
• Fenugreek leaves (methi) 1 small bunch
• Spinach leaves (palak) 1 small bunch
• Split green gram skinless (dhuli moong dal) 1 cup
• Pure ghee 3 tablespoons
• Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
• Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
• Dried button red chilies (bor mirchi) 4-6
• Green chili 1
• Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
• Ginger,chopped 1/2 teaspoon
• Peanuts 2 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Kokum petals 2-3
Jaggery (gur),grated 1 teaspoon
Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Chop spinach. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chillies, spinach and fenugreek leaves.
Chop green chili and add. Drain and add moong dal and mix.
Add turmeric powder, ginger, peanuts and 3 cups water and mix well. Add salt, kokum and jaggery and mix well.
Close the cooker with the lid and cook till 1 whistle is given out. Switch off the heat after 1 minute.
Open the lid when the pressure reduces completely. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.