MUSHROOM, LEEK AND GRUYÉRE QUICHECuisinart Original Recipe
Quiche works for any meal, from an elegant weekend brunch, to a light lunch or dinner when paired with salad."
½ recipe pâte brisée dough (for 1 crust tart/pie)
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 small to medium leek, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
4 ounces mushrooms, cleaned
1 teaspoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or ¼ to ½ teaspoon dried)
2 ounces Gruyère
1 cup whole milk*
2/3 cup heavy cream*
3 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out dough to 1⁄8-inch thick circle and fit into a 9-inch tart pan. Chill in refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Using a fork, prick the chilled dough evenly all over but make sure not to go entirely through the dough. Line the shell with parchment and weigh it down with dried beans or rice. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the dough under the parchment is no longer wet. Remove the beans/rice and parchment and continue baking until the shell is golden brown, an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and reserve. Reduce the oven temperature to 325˚F.
- While shell is baking, prepare the filling. Insert the chopping blade into the work bowl of the food processor. Put the garlic and leek into the bowl and process until finely chopped. Remove and reserve. Remove the chopping blade and insert the slicing disc and slice the mushrooms.
- Put oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Once oil is hot, add the chopped garlic and leek with a pinch of the salt. Sauté until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and thyme. Sauté until mushrooms are softened and have picked up some color, about 6 to 10 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, flip the slicing disc to the shredding side and shred the gruyère. Remove and reserve.
- Replace the shredding disc with the chopping blade. Put the milk, cream, eggs, yolks, remaining salt and the pepper in the work bowl. Process to fully combine.
- To assemble the quiche, scatter the garlic, leek and mushrooms evenly along the bottom of the baked tart shell. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and scatter the gruyère on the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until quiche is just set.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
* You may substitute half & half for the milk and cream.
Servingsmakes 12 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 217 (71% from fat) | carb. 10g | pro. 6g | fat 17g sat. fat 5g | chol. 102mg | sod. 191mg | calc. 90mg | fiber 0g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!