MORNING-GLORY MUFFINSCuisinart Original Recipe
A delicous yet healthy way to start the day."
nonstick cooking spray
¼ cup unbleached, all purpose flour
1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup rolled oats (not instant)
½ teaspoon grated orange zest
1/3 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
2 large carrots, peeled and trimmed
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup grapeseed or vegetable oil
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a six-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Insert the chopping blade into the work bowl of the food processor. Add the flours, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, oats and zest to the work bowl; process for 10 seconds to sift. Transfer ingredients to a medium mixing bowl; reserve.
3. Add the walnuts and pulse to chop, about 5 times. Leaving the nuts in the bowl, remove the chopping blade and insert the shredding disc. Cut the carrots to fit the feed tube snugly and shred. Add to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine; reserve.
4. Reinsert the chopping blade and add the brown sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla to the work bowl and process for 5 seconds, until combined. Add the flour/ carrot mixture, and pulse three times to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the coconut and sunflower seeds. Pulse 3 to 4 more times to incorporate.
5. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
Servingsmakes 6 muffins
Nutritional information per muffin: Calories 306 (60% from fat) | carb. 26g | pro. 6g | fat 21g sat. fat 4g | chol. 62mg | sod. 372mg | calc. 27mg | fiber 3g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!