Zucchini Spice MuffinsCuisinart Original Recipe
nonstick cooking spray
1/2 cup toasted, cooked walnuts
1 medium zucchini (about 8 ounces), trimmed and cut to fit the feed tube of the work bowl
1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1∕3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a 6-cup regular muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray; reserve.
2. Insert the chopping blade into the work bowl. Add the toasted nuts and pulse until chopped. Remove and reserve.
3. Replace the chopping blade with the shredding disc. Shred the zucchini, and then remove to squeeze as much of the liquid out of it as possible (you should end up with about 2 cups of shredded zucchini). Reserve in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the brown sugar and egg to the shredded zucchini; mix to fully combine. Add the remaining ingredients and mix to just combine. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
ServingsMakes 6 large muffins
Nutritional information per muffin: Calories 318 (54% from fat) • carb. 33g • pro. 5g • fat 20g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 35mg • sod. 284mg • calc. 94mg • fiber 2g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Smart Stick PLUS® Cordless Rechargeable Hand Blender
Smart Stick® PowerTrio™ High-Torque Hand Blender