- ½ cup toasted, chopped pecans or walnuts
- ¼ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature and cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen, thawed, blueberries
- nonstick cooking spray
Nutritional information per muffin: Calories 255 (47% from fat) • carb. 31g • pro. 3g • fat 14g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 29g • sod. 305g • calc. 31mg. • fiber 1g
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a regular 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray; reserve.
- Put all of the crumb topping ingredients into a small mixing bowl. Insert the mixing beaters into the Cuisinart® Hand Mixer. Mix on speed 1 until mixture comes together, about 30 seconds. Reserve.
- Put the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Using the hand mixer on speed 1, blend to sift, about 20 seconds. Reserve.
- Put the sugars and zest in a large mixing bowl. Starting on speed 1, gradually increasing to speed 3, mix until well combined, about 30 seconds.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla. Reserve. Using the hand mixer on speed 1 add one third of the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture. Once almost fully mixed in, add half of the wet ingredients. Repeat, ending with the last third of the dry mixture. Add the blueberries and gently mix until just combined. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly on the tops of each muffin. Bake in the preheated oven for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!