- 1 pound loaf challah or brioche bread, unsliced
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves (not jelly)
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-&-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
Calories 360 (44% from fat) • carb. 38g • pro. 12g • fat 17g • sat. fat 9g • chol. 141mg • sod. 485mg • calc. 153mg • fiber 0g
- Cut the bread into eight 1-inch thick slices. Carefully cut a pocket in the long side of each piece, about 3/4 of the way through. (Use a serrated knife).
- Combine cream cheese and preserves thoroughly. Stuff each pocket with about 2 tablespoons filling, then pat pocket flat with your fingers.
- Preheat Cuisinart™ Electric Skillet to 300°F. Mix eggs and half-&-half well and add vanilla; stir. Pour batter into a 9x13-inch baking pan. Soak 4 filled slices of bread for at least 10 minutes, turning several times. (Let the remaining 4 slices soak in the batter while the first batch cooks.)
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter in the Skillet and cook 4 slices at a time, for about 6 to 8 minutes a side, or until nicely browned. Remove and keep warm on a rack in a 200°F oven. Melt the remaining 2 teaspoons butter and cook second batch.Serve with maple syrup, raspberry syrup or powdered sugar.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!