- 1 loaf crusty French or semolina bread
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- 1/4 cup whole milk or fat free half-&-half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- powdered sugar
258 calories (32% from fat) • carb. 30g • pro. 10g • fat 9g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 172mg • sod. 288mg • calc. 41mg • fiber 0g
- Use a serrated knife to cut bread into 8 diagonal slices, each 3/4 -inch thick.
- Place eggs in medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Crumble the brown sugar to remove lumps into eggs; add orange juice, amaretto, milk, vanilla, and salt. Whisk until well blended.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, turning to coat completely. As bread is dipped, place in a baking dish in an even layer. Pour remaining egg mixture over the bread and allow bread to soak. (This may be done the night before - cover and place in refrigerator.)
- Preheat your Griddler™ fitted with the griddle plates in the open griddle position to 325°F. Brush both sides of each soaked slice of bread with melted butter. Arrange on hot Griddler and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve hot with Maple Peach Syrup.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!