- 8 slices (preferably thick sliced) cinnamon swirl or cinnamon raisin bread
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated fat free milk (not reconstituted)
- 1/4 cup half & half (may use fat free)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon pinch nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
308 calories (31% from fat) • carb. 36g • pro. 17g • fat 10g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 271mg • sod. 947mg • calc. 274mg • fiber 3g
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Place a rack on a baking sheet and place in oven. Arrange the bread in two 8 x 8 x 2-inch glass baking dishes.
- Whisk eggs, half-&-half, salt, spices, and vanilla until smooth but not foamy. Pour the batter over bread. Turn the bread over, let sit 5 minutes, turn the bread over again.
- Preheat the Griddler® in the open griddle up on 325°F. When the Griddler is hot (indicator light will turn green), arrange the soaked bread on the hot griddle. Cook until deep golden brown on each side, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from Griddler and serve or keep warm in low oven. Serve with warm Cranberry Maple Syrup.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!