Quickly stirring the shredded potatoes in salted water and then squeezing out all liquid prevents them from oxidizing.
Plate Side: Griddle
Griddler® Cooking Position: Open and flat
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 pinch kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more to brush plates
Nutritional information per hash brown: Calories 89 (51% from fat) • carb. 10g • pro. 1g • fat 5g sat. fat 1g • chol. 0mg • sod. 146mg • calc. 7mg fiber 1g
1. Put the water and 2 teaspoons of salt into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until salt is fully dissolved; reserve.
2. Shred the potatoes to a medium thickness, using either a medium shredding disc of a Cuisinart® Food Processor or a box grater. Immediately transfer to the salted water and stir a few times. Drain and then put into a tea towel or dish towel and squeeze out all water.
3. Put the squeezed potatoes into a mixing bowl and toss with the tablespoons of the oil.
4. Turn on the Cuisinart® Griddler. Select Griddle and set to 425°F.
5. Once preheated, brush the plates with additional oil and then, using a ¼-cup scoop or measuring cup, dollop the seasoned potatoes onto the hot, oiled griddle, 4 scoops per side, and select the count-up timer. Flatten slightly with a heatproof spatula. Brush the tops with additional oil and allow to cook until bottoms are browned and crispy, about 6 to 8 minutes. Carefully flip each hash brown and cook on the opposite side until very crispy, an additional 8 minutes.
6. Remove and transfer to a wire rack to maintain crispiness while cooking next batch of potatoes.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!