8 large eggs
2 cups milk (we used reduced fat, but any variety will do)
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch ground nutmeg
1 to 2 pinches kosher salt
8 slices challah bread, ¾ inch thick
Unsalted butter or coconut oil, for griddle
Confectioners’ sugar for serving
Fresh fruit for serving
Nutritional information per slice: Calories 195 (32% from fat) • carb. 25g • pro. 7g • fat 7g sat. fat 3g • chol. 172mg • sod. 208mg calc. 116mg • fiber 1g
1. Put the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt into a medium bowl. Whisk to fully combine and pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
2. Soak half of the bread in the milk mixture, turning so both sides are saturated.
3. While the bread is soaking, turn on the Cuisinart® Griddler®. Select Griddle and set to 350°F.
4. Once preheated, put the soaked bread on the hot griddle and select the count-up timer. Cook 3½ to 4 minutes per side. Soak remaining bread while first batch of French toast is cooking.
5. Remove and reserve the cooked French toast in a warm oven and then repeat with remaining soaked bread.
6. To serve, dust with confectioners’ sugar and top with fresh fruit and maple syrup, if desired.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!