These pancakes are light and fluffy with
a nice tang thanks to the buttermilk and lemon.
Plate Side: Griddle
® Cooking Position: Open and flat
- 1½ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, optional
Nutritional information per serving (2 pancakes): Calories 189 (32% from fat) • carb. 24g • pro. 7g fat 7g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 171mg • sod. 203mg calc. 102mg • fiber 1g
1. Put the dry ingredients, through the cinnamon, in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine; reserve.
2. Combine the buttermilk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and whisk well. Add to the reserved dry ingredients and whisk until just combined (dry sections are OK). Add the blueberries and lemon zest and fold to incorporate, but do not overmix or the pancakes will be tough.
3. Turn on the Cuisinart
® Griddler®. Select Griddle and set to 350°F.
4. Once preheated, use a ¼-cup measure, drop batter onto preheated griddle (if you like extra-buttery pancakes, put 1 teaspoon of butter on each plate and melt before dropping batter on plates), and set the count-up timer. Cook pancakes until bubbles form, about 4 to 5 minutes; flip and cook until done, about 3 minutes longer.
5. Transfer to warm plates to serve. As you finish each batch of pancakes, you can keep them warm on a wire rack placed on a baking sheet in a low oven (200°F). Repeat until all the batter is used.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!