Banana Pecan Crumb MuffinsCuisinart Original Recipe
These muffins are a great way to use up overripe bananas. For a variation, try chocolate chips in the batter in place of the nuts."
nonstick cooking spray
¼ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup pecans, toasted and chopped pinch kosher salt
1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large ripe banana, mashed
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ cup whole milk
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
¼ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
1. Preheat oven on Convection Bake at 350°F with the rack in the lower position. Lightly coat a six-cup muffin pan with the cooking spray; reserve.
2. Combine the ingredients for the crumb topping in a small bowl and mash with a fork or clean hand, until the butter is evenly distributed. Set aside.
3. For the muffin batter, put the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer on medium speed, mix the banana, brown sugar, milk, oil and egg until thoroughly combined. Add the dry ingredients and nuts and mix with a fork until just combined.
5. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups and sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over each.
6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
ServingsMakes 6 muffins
Nutritional information per muffin:
Calories 338 (52% from fat) • carb. 38g • pro. 5g • fat 20g • sat. fat 4g
• chol. 42mg • sod. 329mg • calc. 94mg • fiber 2g