When making the bacon for these waffles, be sure to save the bacon grease to incorporate into the batter – it gives the waffles a tasty smoky flavor. If that is too intense, vegetable oil can be used in its place.
- 3½ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 to 10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (about ½ to ¾ cup crumbled)
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup bacon grease and/or grapeseed or vegetable oil
Nutritional information per waffle wedge:
Calories 164 (43% from fat) • carb. 19g • pro. 5g • fat 8g
• sat. fat 1g • chol. 27mg • sod. 174mg
• calc. 49mg • fiber 0g
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl; whisk to blend. Stir in the bacon to coat. Add the buttermilk, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla and the grease/oil. Whisk until combined. Let batter rest 5 minutes before using.
- Preheat the Cuisinart® Waffle Maker to desired setting (a tone will sound when preheated).
- Pour 1 cup of batter onto the center of the lower grid of the preheated waffle maker; spread evenly using a heatproof spatula. Close cover of waffle maker. When tone sounds, waffle is ready. Open cover and carefully remove baked waffle. Repeat with remaining batter. For best results, serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!