Adapted from one of our favorite New York Times recipes, this accompanied by homemade yogurt is a great way to start the day.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1½ cups raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup hulled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Nutritional information per ½-cup serving:
Calories 290 (54% from fat) • carb. 29g • pro. 6g
• fat 18g • sat. fat 5g • chol. 0mg • sod. 138mg
• calc. 19mg • fiber 4g
1. Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except for the dried fruit. Evenly spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring halfway through, until nicely toasted.
3. Add dried cranberries and stir to combine. Allow to cool completely on baking sheet. Transfer to an airtight container to store for up to 3 weeks.