This moist, quick bread is perfect for breakfast or for an afternoon snack.
nonstick cooking spray
2 1/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
1 large zucchini, approximately 8-10 ounces
1/2 cup grapeseed or vegetable oil
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 194 (37% from fat) | carb. 28g | pro. 3g | fat 8g sat. fat 1g | chol. 23mg | sod. 183mg | calc. 14mg | fiber 1g
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Insert the chopping blade into the work bowl of the food processor. Add the flour, spices, salt and baking powder and process for 10 seconds to sift. Transfer ingredients to a large bowl; reserve. Add the walnuts to the work bowl and chop, 5 pulses.
3. Leaving the nuts in the work bowl, remove the chopping blade and insert the shredding disc. Trim the zucchini to fit the feed tube and shred. Transfer the walnuts and zucchini to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir to mix.
4. Reinsert the chopping blade and add the vegetable oil, the sugar, and the eggs. Process for 5 seconds until combined. Add the dry ingredient/zucchini mixture and scrape down the bowl. Alternating between short and long pulses, scrape down the bowl as necessary until fully incorporated (about 12 to 15 pulses total). Add the dried fruit, and pulse about 4 to 5 times to combine. Scrape down the bowl.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the middle of the oven for 1 1/2 hours, until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
6. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, and then turn the loaf out onto a wire rack to cool completely.