Makes 32 rolls Approximate preparation time: 20 to 25 minutes, plus 2½ hours rising, 40 minutes baking, and 10 to 15 minutes cooling
1¼ cups (12-ounce can) evaporated low-fat milk
4 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
5 ¾ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 stick plus 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 teaspoons kosher salt nonstick cooking spray
1 large egg
1 teaspoon water
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Nutritional information per serving roll: Calories 150 (36% from fat) | carb. 20g | pro. 4g | fat 6g | sat. fat 3g | chol. 34mg | sod. 164mg | calc. 30mg | fiber 1g
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm milk to 105° to 110°F. Remove from heat. Add yeast and sugar; stir to dissolve and let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes.
2. Add beaten eggs; stir gently to combine. Transfer to a 2-cup measuring cup and reserve. Insert the dough blade into the large work bowl of the Cuisinart® Food Processor. Add the flour, butter and salt and process on dough speed until combined, about 15 to 20 seconds.
3. With the machine running on dough speed, pour the yeast mixture through the feed tube in a steady stream as fast as the flour absorbs it. After the dough forms a ball, process 45 seconds to knead. Dough should be smooth and elastic.
4. Place the dough in a lightly floured plastic food storage bag and seal. Let rise until doubled in size, about 1 to 1½ hours. Lightly coat three 8-inch round baking pans with nonstick cooking spray. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and punch down; let rest 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Divide dough into 32 equal pieces (each about 1 ounce) and shape each piece into a ball. Place 16 balls, just touching, into each pan. Cover loosely with plastic and let rise 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine egg and water. Brush over rolls and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake in preheated oven until golden, about 35 to 40 minutes. Cool on wire rack.