Makes one 1½-pound loaf
1 cup water, room temperature
4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into ½-inch pieces
3 large eggs, room temperature
1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3¼ cups gluten-free, all-purpose flour blend*
3 tablespoons psyllium husk powder**
2 teaspoons yeast, active dry, instant or bread machine
* There are a variety of gluten-free, all-purpose blends on the market that can be found in the baking section of most grocery stores. If you prefer to make your
own gluten-free blend, use the following: 1½ cups brown rice flour; 1 cup white rice flour; ½ cup arrowroot flour; ¼ cup tapioca starch.
** Psyllium husk powder can be found in the baking section of specialty grocery stores, or in the nutrition/health section of grocery stores (near fiber
supplements). Do not use “whole psyllium husk” or the texture of the bread will be quite different.
Nutritional information per serving (2-ounce slice):
Calories 139 (24% from fat) • carb. 24g • pro. 3g • fat 4g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 38mg • sod. 172mg • calc. 8mg • fiber 1g
1. Put all ingredients, in the order listed, into bread pan fitted the kneading paddle. Secure bread pan into the Cuisinart® Bread Maker.
2. Press the PROG button to select the Gluten Free program. Press START/STOP to begin the bread-making process.
3. If desired, when paddle signal sounds, press START/STOP to pause the unit; remove dough and kneading paddle, reshape dough and replace in bread pan.
Press START/STOP to continue.
4. When the cycle is complete, remove the bread pan from the machine and transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.