Makes one, 2-pound dough (enough for two 12-inch round pizzas or four 6-inch personal pizzas)
1¼ cups water, room temperature
¼ cup olive oil
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup white rice flour
½ cup arrowroot flour
1/3 cup ground flax seeds
1/3 cup quinoa flour
¼ cup tapioca flour
3 tablespoons psyllium husk powder*
2½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon yeast, active dry, instant or bread machine
olive oil, for brushing dough
desired pizza toppings
* Psyllium husk powder can be found in the baking section of specialty grocery stores, or in the nutrition/health section of grocery stores (near fiber
supplements). Do not use “whole psyllium husk” or the texture of the bread will be quite different
Nutritional information per serving (based on 12 servings):
Calories 194 (30% from fat) • carb. 31g • pro. 3g • fat 7g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 0mg • sod. 484mg • calc. 21mg • fiber 3g
1. Preheat oven to 400°F with one rack in the lower third and one in the upper third positions.
2. Put all ingredients, in the order listed, into bread pan fitted with kneading paddle. Secure bread pan into the Cuisinart® Bread Maker.
3. Press the PROG button to select the Gluten Free program. Press START/STOP to begin the dough-making process.
4. When paddle signal sounds, hold down the START/STOP until the unit beeps to stop the dough-making process.
5. Remove dough, shape and roll into desired pizza size, either two 12-inch rounds or four 6-inch rounds. You can refrigerate any extra dough overnight,
or freeze it for up to one month.
6. Brush the outer edge of the dough with olive oil. Put into preheated oven, in the lower rack position. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the dough is just starting to
get firm at the edges, but shows little to no color. Remove dough and then top as desired. Put back into the oven, this time in the upper rack position.
Bake until edges are browned and toppings are hot, an additional 10 minutes.