Makes one 1½-pound loaf
1 cup water, room temperature
4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into ½-inch pieces
3 large eggs, room temperature
1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 cups gluten-free, all-purpose flour blend*
1 cup oat flour
¼ cup ground flax seed
2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder**
2 teaspoons yeast, active dry, instant or bread machine
* There are a variety of gluten-free, all-purpose blends on the market that can be found in the baking section of most grocery stores. If you prefer
to make your own gluten-free blend, use the following: 1 cup brown rice flour; ½ cup white rice flour; 1/
3 cup arrowroot flour; 3 tablespoons
** Psyllium husk powder can be found in the baking section of specialty grocery stores, or in the nutrition/health section of grocery stores (near fiber
supplements). Do not use “whole psyllium husk” or the texture of the bread will be quite different
1. Put ingredients, in the order listed, into bread pan fitted with the kneading paddle. Secure bread pan into Cuisinart® Bread Maker.
2. Press the PROG button to select the Gluten Free program. Press START/STOP to begin the bread-making process.
3. If desired, when paddle signal sounds, press START/STOP to pause the unit; remove dough and kneading paddle, reshape dough and replace in bread pan.
Press START/STOP to continue.
4. When the cycle is complete, remove the bread pan from the machine and transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.