Instead of stuffing the turkey, make these stuffing balls. Each is a serving in size and pretty on the plate.
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups diced celery
1½ cups chopped onion
¼ cup minced parsley
2¼ teaspoons salt
2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
½ teaspoon pepper
18 cups white bread cubes
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 can chicken broth
No nutrition information available
1. In a large sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in celery and onions cooking until tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Add parsley, salt, poultry seasonings and pepper; stir well.
3. Place bread cubes in a big mixing bowl or a roasting pan, big enough to mix all ingredients together.
4. Pour heated butter and veggies over bread crumbs and mix together.
5. Add eggs and continue mixing till all ingredients are incorporated.
Form the stuffing mixture into baseball size balls. Place in a Pam sprayed roasting pan. Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil, baste the balls with chicken broth and return to the oven another 30 - 45 minutes till the balls are slightly browned on the outside. Baste again if they appear too dry.