This bread is a family favorite. Delicious pumpkin flavor that's not too sweet with a New England maple icing. Yum!
* ½ cup granulated sugar
* ¼ cup brown sugar
* ⅓ cup vegetable oil (or coconut oil)
* 1 cup pumpkin puree
* 2 large eggs
* 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
* ½ teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* ⅓ cup buttermilk
* 2 cups all purpose flour
* 3 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 cup powdered sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* ½ teaspoon maple extract
* 1-2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
No nutrition information available
* Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5” loaf pan with cooking spray, or grease and “sugar” it with shortening and sugar (like you’d “flour” a pan).
* Stir granulated sugar and brown sugar with oil and pumpkin. Stir in the eggs, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda. Stir until combined.
* Stir in buttermilk and flour.
* Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 37-40 minutes. If you want it totally done (no gooey center), test it by inserting a toothpick just part way into the top center of the bread. If this comes out clean, it’s done. If you like a gooier center, remove it when testing it with at toothpick that way comes out with a little stuck to the top.
* Let the bread cool before glazing.
* Make the glaze: whisk melted butter and powdered sugar. Mixture will be thick and gloppy. Whisk in extracts and 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream. It will smooth out, just keep whisking. Add more cream, up to 1 extra tablespoon, for desired consistency. Spread on bread, let dry before serving.