¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water
4 oz chopped dates
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon applesauce
1 egg white
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
⅛ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
¼ cup apple, chopped finely
¼ cup raisins
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
8 ounces reduced fat or fat free cream cheese
½ cup apple butter
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 3 ¼" x 5 ¾" inch loaf pans.
2. In a small heat safe bowl, pour boiling water over dates and let sit for about 10-15 minutes.
3. Using a stand mixer, beat the sugar, egg white, and applesauce for 2 minutes on high speed. Reduce the speed to low and blend in the date mixture.
4. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Keeping the mixer on low speed, add dry mixture alternately with the yogurt. Blend well.
5. Hand stir in the apple, raisins, and cranberries.
6. Pour the batter into prepared loaf pans and bake for 35-40 min.
7. To make the spread, beat the cream cheese and apple butter together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Serve with the bread.