Warm, toasted garlic bread will make any meal memorable.
Makes 16 slices
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 loaf Italian bread (16 inches long)
Nutritional information per slice: Calories 80 (90% from fat) • carb. 1g • pro. 1g • fat 8g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 12mg • sod. 149mg • calc. 29mg • fiber 1g
- Place rack in Cuisinart® Exact Heat™ Convection Toaster Oven Broiler in position B and preheat oven to 450ºF on Bake setting.
- In a Cuisinart® Food Processor fitted with the metal blade, process garlic until finely chopped, about 15 seconds. Scrape bowl and add cheese; process until finely chopped, about 30 seconds.
- Add butter, oil, salt and pepper; process until smooth, about 15 seconds. Scrape bowl as necessary.
- Cut bread into two 8-inch pieces, cut each piece in half lengthwise and spread each cut side with garlic mixture.
- Place two pieces of prepared bread directly on oven rack, cut side up, and bake until toasted, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from toaster oven with a spatula and repeat with remaining two pieces of bread.
- Slice into 2-inch pieces and serve warm.