Easily prepare these delicious scones with Cuisinart's® HurricaneTM Pro blender.
⅓ cup pitted dates
⅓ cup raisins or dried cranberries
⅓ cup dried apricots
1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
½ cup buttermilk, room temperature
2 large eggs
Nutritional information per scone:
Calories 137 (41% from fat) / carb. 18m / pro. 3g / fat 6g / sat. fat 4g / chol. 39mg / sod. 242mg calc. 19mg / fiber 1g
1. Preheat oven to 350°F with the rack in the middle position.
2. Put all of the dried fruit and dry ingredients into the blender jar. Select Speed 6 and pulse to chop, about 8 to 10 times. Transfer to a large mixing bowl; reserve.
3. Put the butter, buttermilk and eggs into the blender jar. Select Speed 4 and press Start. Blend until smooth, about 10 seconds.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the bowl of the dry mixture. Using either floured hands or a large fork, mix until mixture just forms a dough.
5. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the dough to the pan and form a 10-inch circle. Cut into 16 wedges and distribute on pan, leaving 1 to 2 inches between each wedge.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until scones are golden brown.
7. Serve scones warm.