1/2 cup lowfat milk, room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into small cubes
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 cups bread flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 3/4 teaspoons yeast, active dry, instant or bread machine
1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon plus 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 ounces lowfat cream cheese
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar, sifted
2 1/4 teaspoons low-fat milk
Calories 239 (31% from fat) • carb. 37g • pro. 4g • fat 8g • sat. fat 5g • chol. 43mg • sod. 138mg • calc. 36mg •fiber 1g
1. Place the dough ingredients, in the order listed, into the bread pan fitted with the kneading paddle and secure in the Cuisinart Bread Maker. Press the menu button to select the dough program. Press start to mix, knead and rise. For best mixing results, scrape the pan 10 to 15 minutes after the program has started.
2. While dough is mixing, stir together the sugars, and cinnamon for the filling and reserve. Prepare the frosting. Process the frosting ingredients together with either a Cuisinart food processor, stand or hand mixer. Frosting should be completely smooth, reserve.
3. When cycle is completed, remove dough and transfer to a lightly floured surface and punch down to deflate. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces and let rest for 10 minutes. Lightly coat two 8-inch round pans with cooking spray.
4. Roll the dough out into rectangles 12-inches wide and ½ - inch thick. Brush each rectangle with melted butter to within 1-inch of one long side and to the ends of the remaining sides. Sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll the dough up like a jellyroll, ending with the unbuttered edge. Pinch along long side to seal. Cut 9 slices from each with a serrated knife. Arrange in prepared pans, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 35 to 40 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until puffed with golden tops and hollow sounding when tapped.
6. Let cool for 20 to 25 minutes before frosting. Spread or drizzle frosting to taste.