• 6 Tb unsalted butter
• ½ cup light brown sugar
• 2 Tb flour
• ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• ¾ cup walnuts
• ⅓ cup mini choc chips(optional)
• 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
• 3 cups all purpose flour
• ¾ cup brown sugar
• ½ teaspoon bkng soda
• 2 teaspoon bkng powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¾ cup 4% small curd cottage cheese
• ⅓ cup cold cubed unsalted butter
• 2 eggs beaten with 2 tablespoon milk
• 1½ teaspoon vanilla
• ¾ cup walnuts
No nutrition information available
1. Pulse first 7 ingredients in food processor until it resembles gravel. Do not over mix. Remove streusal to small bowl.Set aside.
2. Place the rest of the dry ingredients in food processor leaving out the walnuts. Pulse dry ingredients to mix. Add cottage cheese and cold butter. Pulse lightly until it resembles fine gravel. Add egg mixture, vanilla and pulse until just blended into dough, add walnuts and pulse once or twice. Dough will be very soft.
3. Dust a bread board generously with more flour and turn dough out of processor bowl onto the flour, knead lightly and get the dough coated on all sides with flour. Press dough out to a large rectangle 11" ×14" ish. Spread chocolate streusal evenly over dough leaving one long edge naked. Fold in short sides and roll up along long side tucking in ends as you go. Pinch the seam closed as best you can. Roll it into a large loaf pan tipped on it's side and try to get the seam facing the bottom. Flip the pan up right and make sure ends and seam is tucked in. Using a pastry brush, dust off any excess flour lightly. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 40 to 50 minutes. Top will be golden and a knife will not show any sticky dough though moist crumbs are ok. Let cool until slightly warm before slicing.