A delectable edition to any meal..... buttery, soft cheddar and chive biscuit that melts in your mouth. This is the full-fledged flavor version and not for the calorie-conscious.
2 1/2 - 2 3/4 cups regular flour
2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 tsp. white or cayenne pepper
1 stick of cold salted butter, diced into small cubes
2 eggs, scrambled
1 cup milk or buttermilk (buttermilk preferred)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely diced fresh onion or garlic chives
No nutrition information available
Preheat over to 350°F. Prepare baking pan with non-stick or use non-stick baking sheet.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of the flour, baking powder, sea salt, sugar, and pepper. Stir together to blend evenly.
2. In a small bowl, scramble the 2 eggs, and combine the 1 cup of milk or buttermilk. Blend until the eggs are no longer visible.
3. Add dry ingredients to the food processor.
4. Add the butter. Pulse or blend on slow until the butter is chopped into small chunks and mixed well into the flour mixture.
5. Slowly pour the milk and egg mixture into the food processor while on pulse or low until the dry and wet ingredients are blended well. Dough will be sticky.
6. Lastly, add the shredded cheddar and diced chives. Pulse only until mixed into the dough.
7. Turn out onto floured board or counter. Use remaining flour on hands and board or counter. Gently knead the dough until it can be handled without sticking to counter or hands and handle as little as possible.
8. Roll dough gently until approximately 1" thick. Cut with floured biscuit cutter. For square biscuits, roll dough into a square 1" thick, place on baking sheet and cut with pastry cutter to desires size (approximately 2"x2").
9. Bake for 10-15 minutes until tops are slightly browned or until desired doneness. These are a soft, buttery biscuit and are better if not overcooked.