Leftover brisket or pot roast
6 oz slices mushrooms
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, slices thin
4 slices Colby cheese
1/2 c mayonnaise 1 T
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T A-1 or BBQ sauce
4 slices Jewish rye
Unsalted butter for browning mushroom mix and outsides of bread
1. Sauté mushrooms and onions in a large skillet in 2 T butter until browned and tender, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 additional minute.
2. Heat griddle, grill pan or large cast iron pan. Butter the outsides of bread
3. Layer 1 slice of cheese, warmed leftover beef, 1/2 the mushroom mixture, and another slice of cheese between 2 slices of bread.
4. Using a press, or a heavy pan, places on top, grill until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Use
5. Cut into thirds on a slant and serve with coleslaw and a kosher dill.