Makes one 2 1/3-pound loaf
Nonstick cooking spray
½ cup low-fat buttermilk, room temperature
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into ½-inch pieces
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1¼ cups mashed, ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
Nutritional information per serving (based on 12 servings):
Calories 285 (38% from fat) • carb. 39g • pro. 5g • fat 12g • sat. fat 5g • chol. 52mg • sod. 296mg • calc. 30mg • fiber 2g
1. Coat the inside of bread pan fitted with kneading paddle with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Put all ingredients, in the order listed, into bread pan and secure into Cuisinart® Bread Maker.
3. Press the PROG button to select the Cake program. Press START/STOP to begin the bread-making process.
4. While the batter is mixing, scrape the sides of the bread pan with a rubber spatula to fully incorporate ingredients.
5. When cycle is complete, remove the bread pan from the machine and transfer bread to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing