1 loaf, 12 slices
• ¾ cup hot water
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 2 teaspoons yeast
• 1 egg plus one more for egg wash
• ¼ cup vegetable oil
• ½ cup mashed banana (about 1½ bananas)
• 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus one additional cup
• 1¼ teaspoonns salt
• OPTIONAL: 1 cup chocolate chips
No nutrition information available
1. Proof the yeast in the hot water with the honey. Using a wooden spoon, mix in the oil, 1 egg, salt, and banana. Using a stand mixer mix in the first 3 cups of flour, adding in some of the fourth cup, as much as necessary.
2. Let rise about 2 hours or until nearly doubled in size. Punch out the air bubbles and knead in the chocolate chips, if adding. Braid (3 strand braid seems to work best). Let rise again an additional 30 minutes. Top with egg wash. Bake at 350 ° for about 30 minutes. or until the internal temperature reaches 180 °.