The secret to soft banana bread is a light mixing hand. Although the Cuisinart® Stand Mixer is tough enough for your heaviest breads, the lower speeds ensure delicate mixing and folding.
1-1/3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
6 tablespoons (¾ stick) butter, cut into 1-inch pieces, plus more for buttering pan
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 medium ripe bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ cup mini chocolate chips
Nutritional analysis per serving (based on 12 servings): Calories 210 (38% from fat) • carb. 31g • pro. 3g fat 9g • sat. fat 6g • chol. 51mg • sod. 190mg calc. 9mg • fiber 1g
- 9-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Reserve.
- Put butter and sugar into the Cuisinart® mixing bowl. Attach the flat mixing paddle and mix on Speed 4 until creamy, about 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Reduce to Speed 3. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until each is incorporated. Scrape the entire bowl. Add vanilla extract and then the bananas and continue to mix until bananas are well combined, about 1 minute. Scrape the bowl.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Scrape the bowl well, add chocolate chips and mix to fold. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until deep golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack until cool to the touch; remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!