Fresh from the oven, warm rolls make any dinner extra special.
1⁄3 cup whole milk, plus
1 tablespoon for brushing
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus 1 tablespoon for
brushing and for pan
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1¾ teaspoons active dry yeast
3 tablespoons warm water (105°–110°F)
2½ cups bread flour
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Nutritional information per roll:
Calories 144 (28% from fat) • carb. 7g • pro. 4g • fat 2g
• sat. fat 1g • chol. 22mg • sod. 157mg • calc. 17mg • fiber 1g
1. In a small saucepan combine the 1⁄3 cup of milk, 4 tablespoons of butter and the sugar. Warm over low heat until the butter is melted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature
2. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Let stand 5 minutes, or until mixture is foamy. Insert the chopping blade into the work bowl of the food processor. Add the flour and salt; process for 10 seconds on Low. Combine the beaten egg with the milk and yeast mixture and with the machine running on Low, slowly add the liquids through the feed tube and process until a dough ball forms. Continue processing 45 seconds to knead the dough. Shape the dough into a smooth ball and place in a 1-gallon sealable plastic bag. Squeeze the air out and seal the bag. Let rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size, about 45 to 60 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly butter a 9-inch round baking pan. Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces, about 2 ounces each. Roll into smooth rounds and arrange in the prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until the rolls have doubled in size, about 30 to 40 minutes. Combine remaining tablespoon of milk and butter and heat until the butter has melted. Just before baking, gently brush the rolls with the melted butter/milk mixture. Bake until golden brown or an internal temperature of 180°F is reached, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool on a rack for about 10 minutes for serving.
4. For a softer roll, brush each with melted butter just after removing from oven.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!