These biscuits are so light and tender that you will want to make them every night.
1¼ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
¼ cup cake flour
1½ teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch granulated sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4½ tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into ½-inch cubes
½ cup low fat buttermilk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, for brushing
Nutritional information per biscuit:
Calories 230 (50% from fat) • carb. 25g • pro. 4g • fat 13g • sat. fat 8g
• chol. 35mg • sod. 600mg • calc. 37mg • fiber 1g
1. Preheat oven on Bake or Convection Bake at 400˚F with the rack in the middle position. Line baking pan with parchment paper; reserve.
2. Put the flours, cream of tartar and baking soda into the work bowl of a Cuisinart® Food Processor fitted with the metal chopping blade. Process for 10 to 15 seconds to combine well. Add the sugar, salt and pepper and process for an additional 5 seconds. Add the cold butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, about 6 to 8 pulses. While pulsing, slowly add the buttermilk until just incorporated, about 2 to 3 pulses.
3. Pour the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently and carefully knead 2 to 3 times to ensure the dough is fully mixed. Form into a log and cut into 8 equal pieces. Place on the prepared pan, leaving a bit of space between them to ensure even baking.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and brush liberally with the melted butter. Serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!