Buttery Dinner RollsCuisinart Original Recipe
After your first bite, you will never go back to store-bought rolls again.
1⁄3 cup whole milk, plus 1 tablespoon for brushing
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus 1 tablespoon for brushing
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1¾ teaspoons active dry yeast
3 tablespoons warm water (105°F–110°F)
3 cups bread flour
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. In a small saucepan combine the milk, butter and sugar. Warm over low heat until the butter is melted. Remove from heat and set aside until cooled to room temperature.
2. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water in a large measuring cup. Let stand 5 minutes, or until mixture is foamy. Put the flour and salt in the work bowl of a Cuisinart® Food Processor fitted with the dough or metal chopping blade and process for 10 seconds.
3. Add the melted butter mixture and egg to the yeast/water mixture. With the machine running, slowly add the liquids through the feed tube and process until a dough ball forms. Continue processing for 45 seconds to knead the dough. Shape the dough into a smooth ball, and put it in a clean mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size, about 60 minutes.
4. Lightly butter a 9-inch round baking pan. Punch down the dough and divide into 12 equal pieces (about 1½ to 1¾ ounces each). Roll into smooth rounds and arrange in the prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 to 40 minutes.
5. Preheat oven on Convection Bake at 375°F with the rack in the middle position. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and combine with the remaining tablespoon of milk in a small bowl. Gently brush the tops of the rolls with butter/milk mixture. Bake rolls for 15 minutes until golden brown and an internal temperature of 190°F is reached.
6. Remove rolls from the pan and cool slightly before serving.
ServingsMakes 12 rolls
Nutritional information per roll:
Calories 183 (35% from fat) • carb. 26g • pro. 4g • fat 7g • sat. fat 5g
• chol. 34mg • sod. 153mg • calc. 13mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler