Perfect for a hot summer day, this fresh and light beverage is perfect to help cool off. Be sure to serve over a tall glass of ice — the colder the drink the better!
Makes about 4 cups
2 tablespoons Simple Syrup*
4 to 6 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
¼ cup packed fresh mint leaves
8 ice cubes, plus more for serving
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup):
Calories 36 (6% from fat) • carb. 9g • pro. 1g • fat 0g • sat. fat 0g
• chol. 0mg • sod. 3mg • calc. 22mg • fiber 2g
1. Put all of the ingredients, in the order listed, into the blender jar. Secure lid.
2. Select High and blend until completely smooth, about 2 minutes.
3. Pour over a cup of ice and serve immediately.
* Simple syrup is sugar dissolved in water. To make, put equal parts water and granulated sugar in a saucepan set over medium-low heat. Syrup is done once the sugar has dissolved. Cool completely before using.