Just the smell of the spices steeping evokes the feeling of the holidays. A variation to this traditional recipe is to chill it and use it as the foundation for a spicy sangria.
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 7 slices orange peel, for serving
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 143 (0% from fat) • carb. 13g • pro. 0g • fat 0g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 5mg • calc. 12mg • fiber 0g
- Break up the cinnamon sticks into 1/4 inch pieces and put all ingredients into the blender jar. Cover and set timer for 5 minutes and temperature on Medium. Mixture should be warmed through, but not boiling.
- Set timer for 30 minutes and temperature on Low, allowing spices to steep in the wine.
- Once unit turns off, strain and serve with a slice of orange peel.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!