Makes a 1½-pound dough
2¼ teaspoons yeast, active dry
5 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
2 large eggs, room temperature
¼ cup sour cream, room temperature
3 cups bread flour
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, room temperature and cubed
Nutritional information per serving (based on 12 servings): Calories 177 (27% from fat) • carb. 28g • pro. 4g • fat 5g • sat. fat 4g • Col. 44mg • sod. 110mg • calc. 12mg • fiber 1g
1. In a 2-cup liquid measuring cup, dissolve 1 packet yeast and 2 tablespoons sugar in ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
2. Once foamy, add 2 large eggs and ¼ cup sour cream and whisk well together.
3. Insert Dough Blade. Add 3 cups bread flour, ½ teaspoon salt and 3 tablespoons sugar to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place.
4. The processor is set to sift for 15 seconds on Speed 6.
5. With machine running on Speed 10, remove Steam Cap and slowly pour the yeast mixture through the Steam Vent until all ingredients are combined.
6. With machine running again on Speed 10, add the ¼ cup cubed butter, a little at a time so that each piece is incorporated before adding the next. (con't)
7. Continue to process until dough is smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Dough will be sticky but should not be greasy. If greasy, process for an additional minute.
9. Tip: Use this dough to create your own cinnamon rolls! Roll out dough into a 12x9 inch rectangle with ½ inch thickness. Coat with melted butter and sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon sugar leaving a half inch border. (con't)
10. Carefully roll into a tight log and slice into 8 equal pieces. Arrange into a greased, 9-inch round baking pan. Brush tops with melted butter and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Top with your favorite glaze or icing if desired.